You’re a tank in a pit of abandoned Christmas junk! Are those rocks? Are they coal? It doesn’t matter: everyone is naughty in the XMas Pit. And the Snowmen are about to judge you harder than an anonymous teenager on the internet.
Bucking the theme for Ludum Dare 31, I wanted to create a tank battle game inspired by the original ‘Battle Zone’ arcade game. It started out that way, and got…christmassy early on.
- Player can roll upside down under the right conditions.
- Snowmen aren’t too smart.
- WebGL build shows plenty of visual quirks and artifacting.
- Snowball physics could be a lot better.
- Could use loading screen between title and game.
- Lots of other, smaller things. Not fixed because I have to move on to other things.
(The verison on itch.io is the original, unmodified LDJAM version lacking many post-jam updates.)